I’d Love to Guest on your Podcast or Speak at your Event
If you’d like to book me, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics I like to Discuss
- My ultimate goal as an entrepreneur is peace and freedom - not money.
- I only pay attention to one metric - cost per order.
- Why I will never accept investment money or partners.
- Why I’ll never have employees.
- Why not to call your business a “hobby” - even if it is.
- Why all entrepreneurs should welcome failure.
- Why it’s important to have courage and curiosity, and why confidence isn’t necessary.
Tips for entrepreneurs just getting started, including:
- Be curious.
- Trust your gut.
- Be comfortable being uncomfortable.
- Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle.
- Don’t call it a hobby.
- Fail quickly.
- Start a “Read This When You Get Insecure” file.
- Keep moving. Always.
- Create your own highlight reel.
The following information is provided as a cut-and-paste resource for media professionals and other interested parties. Please feel free to use it as is. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Abby Lou Walker is the CEO of Vivian Lou Inc., a multi-million dollar company that markets and sells shoe insoles that empower women to wear high heels without pain. Walker started the company in 2014 as a “hobby” while working a full-time job and raising two children. Two years later, she ditched her day job to focus on her business. As part of her mission to support women in pursuit of their dreams, she donates a portion of every sale to organizations that support disadvantaged women.
Prior to starting her own company, Abby served in a variety of executive roles for various companies ranging from Fortune 500 companies to private-equity owned firms. She received her Master’s degree in Business Communication from DePaul University, and her Bachelor’s degree in English-Journalism from Miami University. Abby currently resides in Mequon, Wisconsin with her husband and two elementary-school aged kiddos.
Vivian Lou – www.vivianlou.com
Miami University – Ohio – B.A. English – Journalism
DePaul University – Chicago – M.A. Business Communication
From Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Lives in Denver, Colorado
Mom of two elementary-school kiddos
Wife to an amazing husband
Headshots & Media